The pinnacle of Caparison design are the now-legendary TAT Special. It’s foundations were laid in 1995 with a 24-fret sample model and since then it’s continued to flourish and evolve into the technically sophisticated, elite instrument it is today. Its beautifully unique body structure, the Caparison Tat curve top, is an asymmetrical 27-fret design with an arched body top, resulting in a more comfortable, complimentary playing experience beyond the 12th fret.
The ingenious evolutionary construction continues with the use of Flame Maple Top/Mahogany Back material for both sides, creating the lasting sustain of a sound that, due to its luxury 5 piece Maple Walnut through-neck has lasting strength, stability and unquestionable quality.
The PH-R bridge pickup is a fundamental characteristic of a TAT-Special that’s combined with the Caparison “SH-27F” neck pick-up, obtaining an amazing clarity of sound that can be perfectly governed by Caparison’s unique Rotary Switch Mode. Simple and practical, this pickup selector is an option that gives you a rich supply of tones that makes this guitar as versatile as it is beautiful.
The 3-way pickup selector switch activates rotary switch mode when in the center position. The the 4-way rotary switch can then be used to change the pick-up output.
- Top Wood: 6A Flamed Maple (TAT Curve)
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Bridge: Schaller S-FRT II
- Neck Finish: Urethane Matte
- Body Finish: Trans Black Berry Matte
- Construction: Neck-Thru (Slant Heel)
- Neck Material: Maple/Walnut 5-piece
- Neck Grip: Caparison
- Fretboard: Ebony w/ White Binding
- Radius: 350mm to 400mm Compound
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Number of Frets: 27
- Fret Type: Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Nut: Schaller R2 Locking
- Fretboard Inlays: Clock Inlays
- Headstock: Devil's Tail
- Heastock Angle: 15 Degrees
- Tuners: Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P.
- Strings: Rotosound R9 (.009-.042)
- Neck Pickup: Caparison SH-27F
- Bridge Pickup: Caparison PH-R
- Controls: CTS Master Volume / Schaller 3-Way Mega Switch / 4-way Rotary
- Case: Caparison Reunion Blues Gig Bag