Bill Kelliher is a guitarist and founding member of the widely-respected heavy metal band Mastodon. His complex and innovative approach to tight rhythms and intricate riffs made him a tremendously influential player from the moment Mastodon burst onto the scene in 2000. Bill's Signature Series guitars provide the excellent dynamic response, sustain, roadworthy reliability, and playing feel needed for his band’s powerful performances.
The Sparrowhawk is an LTD Signature Series guitar for Bill Kelliher of the respected American metal band Mastodon. The Sparrowhawk has a vibe all of its own, while still retaining some classic aspects that make it outstanding for a variety of different genres. It features a set of Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups with custom covers, and push-pull coil-splitting control is wired separately for each pickup for a variety of tones (pull up on tone knob for neck pickup coil split, and up on volume knob to split bridge pickup). The Sparrowhawk has a solid and comfortable playing feel, with a maple-capped mahogany body, set-thru construction, and a smooth heel joint for fast access to the highest frets. It offers a three-piece mahogany neck, a 22-fret ebony fingerboard with block inlays, and a TonePros locking TOM bridge and tailpiece to provide stability and sustain.
- Construction: Set-Thru
- Scale: 24.75"
- Body: Mahogany w/ Maple Cap
- Neck: 3-piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
- Finish: Black
- Nut width: 42mm
- Nut type: Molded
- Neck Contour: Thin U
- Frets/Type: 22 XJ
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Strap button: Standard
- Tuners: LTD Locking
- Bridge: TonePros Locking Tune-o-Matic & Tailpiece
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion w/ Custom Gold Cover (pull Tone to split)
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion w/ Custom Gold Cover (pull Volume to split)
- Electronics Layout: Volume (push/pull), Tone (push/pull), 3-way Toggle Switch
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Weight: 8lb 2oz
- Case: Sparrowhawk Form Fit Case Included