In the early 90’s, Ibanez broke into the high-end boutique bass market with it’s unique concept of Affirma bass. The compact and light weight body, designed by Swiss Luither Rolf Spuler resulted in a bass with and elegant feel enhanced by its beautiful streamline shape. It was created to meet the critical demands of musicians who require a natural sounding, sensitive instrument with wide dynamic range and effortless playability during even the longest performances.
- Neck Type: AFR5 / 3pc Maple w/ Graphite Reinforcements
- Neck Construction: Half-Thru Neck
- Top Wood: Poplar Burl w/ Walnut Center Piece
- Body Wood: Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Frets: 24 Medium Frets w/ Premium Fret Edge Treatment
- Bridge: AeroSilk MR5 Bridge
- String Spacing: 19mm
- Pickup: Bartolini X55JX (passive)
- EQ: Ibanez 2-Band EQ w/ Piezo active tone control
- Hardware: Black
- Scale Length: 34"
- Radius: 400mm