If you've ever seen Tommy Emmanuel perform you will know he is one of the world's greatest guitarists, and one of the most inspirational musicians on the planet.
It takes a great guitar to meet the demands of such a great player. Designed in conjunction with guitar great Tommy Emmanuel, the TE series guitars are an outstanding tribute to Tommy's musicianship and Maton's superior craftsmanship. Built to Tommys specifications, the TE series provides the huge tone and performance you would expect from a guitar bearing the name.
Tommy looks for a guitar with superb tone, capable of the most delicate expression as well as the most ferocious attack. The neck must stay true regardless of the rigours of international travel and the guitar needs to perform at its peak, from Rome, to Nashville, to Sydney!
Our Tommy Emmanuel models feature a Mother of Pearl block inlay on the 12th Fret, engraved with "C.G.P." The acronym stands for "Certified Guitar Player," a title bestowed on Tommy by Chet Atkins and held by only 3 other guitarists in the world - John Knowles, Jerry Reed and Steve Warriner.
Tommy has done Australia proud and we are honoured that he continues to use Maton as his guitar of choice.
- Model: EBG808TE
- Body Shape: 808
- Top Wood: "AAA Select" Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Queensland Maple
- Neck Wood: Select Queensland Maple
- Fretboard and Bridge: Streaky Ebony
- Rosette: Herringbone
- Bracing: Maton Scalloped X
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Headstock Veneer: Queensland Walnut
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 44.1mm
- Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots w/ "CGP" Pearl Block on 12th Fret
- Back and Sides Finish: Vintage Amber Stain Satin
- Top Finish: Honey Stain Satin
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic - Chrome
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Pickup: AP5 Pro
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light (.012-.053)
- Case: Maton Hardshell Case (included)