Designed in collaboration with world-renowned bass accessory manufacturer Darkglass Electronics, the DarkRay unlocks a whole new range of sonic capabilities.
At the heart of every instrument is its tone: in this case, a modern 2 Band EQ preamp was designed by Darkglass specifically for the DarkRay. This preamp offers three modes with very distinct and useful sounds: Clean, Alpha (distortion), and Omega (fuzz). Both distortion circuits are fully mixable via an onboard gain knob and blend control manipulated to the user’s preference. Astonishing clean, slight gain, or a brutal fuzz tone is obtainable, all with no low-end loss. A bright LED ring and the 3-way lever switch indicates which mode the bass is in.
The DarkRay is every bit a Stingray Special with neodymium humbucking pickup, roasted maple neck, comfort contoured body, 22 stainless steel frets, and the familiar 4+1 headstock configuration.
- Model: DarkRay 5
- Body Wood: Select Hardwood
- Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded Black plated, steel bridge plate with vintage Black played steel saddles
- Pickguard: Black
- Scale Length: 34"
- Radius: 11"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Type: High Profile, Wide, Stainless Steel
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Inlays: Dots
- Neck Finish: Gunstock Oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuners: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Neck Attachment: Bolt-On, 5 bolts, Sculpted Neck Joint
- Controls: Volume, Gain, Blend, Treble, Bass
- Switching: 3-way Lever Distortion Selector; Preamp Only, Preamp+Alpha Distortion, Preamp+Omega Distortion
- Pickup: Single Humbucker with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45-130
- Weight: 9lb 9oz
- Case: Music Man Hardshell Case Included