Ernie Ball Music Man proudly presents the Kaizen, an all-new visionary collaboration between the Ernie Ball Music Man design team and the world-renowned guitarist, innovator, and designer Tosin Abasi. Built for the modern player, the 7-string Kaizen is crafted with forward-thinking design concepts guided by Tosin Abasi’s unique playing style and vision. Offered with a decidedly contoured alder body, roasted figured maple neck, and ebony fretboard, the multi-scale length fretboard also features an “infinity radius” that provides improved visibility of the fretboard in any playing position. The electronics include a new Music Man HT bridge humbucker, custom offset neck humbucker, and a 3-way switch wired with a custom middle position. Each guitar comes equipped with a Music Man tremolo, Steinberger gearless tuners, and a G&G hardshell case.
- 24.75” to 25.5” (E to B or 1st to 7th string) multi-scale design provides affirmative string tension for thick and chunky rhythms on the bass strings, with a traditional feel on the treble strings for smooth bends and solos.
INFINITY RADIUS NECK
- Strategically positioned conical radius increases comfort while maintaining enhanced visibility of the fretboard and uniquely positioned fret markers.
STEINBERGER GEARLESS LOCKING TUNERS
- Contemporary low profile and accurate lightweight tuning machines feature smooth rotation and allow for a straight string pull.
NEW MUSIC MAN PICKUPS
- Music Man designed custom HT (Heat Treated) humbucker in the bridge position features powerful lows with remarkable definition resulting in one of the hottest pickups on the market. A slanted mini-humbucker in the neck position has been specifically designed to compliment the Kaizen bridge humbucker, offering an array of dynamic tones with outstanding sonic clarity. Overall the Kaizen pickups give ultra-high-output, powerful low-end response while retaining a distinctively clean, clear tone and definition at lower volume levels.
- Super smooth modern Music Man tremolo with spring dampeners to alleviate unwanted overtones and ringing.
- Model: Kaizen 7-String
- Size: 13-7/8" wide, 1-5/8" Thick, 38" long (35.2 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 96.5 cm long)
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Bridge: Music Man Custom multi-scale tremolo with cover
- Scale Length: Multiscale: 24.75" (62.8 cm) to 25.5" (64.7 cm) from high E to Low E; Low B 25.65" (65.15 cm)
- Neck Radius: "Infinity Radius" - Conical fretboard radius peaks along the treble-side edge of the fretboard and folds towards the player for unobstructed view of the entire fretboard in playing position.
- Headstock Size: 6-7/8" (17.5 cm) long
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Type: Medium Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-31/32" (5 cm) at the nut; 2.606" (66.2 mm) at the last fret
- Neck Wood: Roasted Figured Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: White Dot
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Color: Natural
- Tuning Machines: Steinberger Locking Gearless
- Neck Attachment: 5 Bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Volume and Tone knobs; 3-way toggle pickup selector
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, custom middle position split between 2 pickups.
- Pickups: Music Man® Custom Wound HT Bridge Humbucker; Music Man® Custom Wound Offset Mini Neck Humbucker
- Strings: Ernie Ball .010-.056
- Case: Custom G&G Hardshell Case Included