Each custom build we do at The Music Loft, we meticulously select specific pieces of woods and appoint the guitar to showcase the finest details of craftsmanship, tone, and playability. This guitar is no exception to that process. We strive for excellence in every custom guitar we do, and this guitar achieves excellence - and more!
Fresh in from the Santa Cruz Guitar Co. Custom Shop is this SUPERB Custom D Pre War. This guitar features a burled African Blackwood back & sides - extremely uncommon to see burled or figured African Blackwood, a beautiful Bear Claw Sitka Spruce top, Adirondack Spruce braces with Hot Hide Glue, Koa binding on the body, neck, fretboard, back strip and tail wedge, a tinted top to give it a richer and warmer aesthetic, 42 Style inlays made from Blue Paua, Ebony bridge and fretboard, Ebony bridge pins with Blue Paua dots, bone nut and saddle, and Waverly tuners with Ebony buttons. This guitar is extremely well-balanced, lively, punchy, and very responsive to all dynamic ranges of playing. This is the finest sounding Santa Cruz we have had to-date. This extremely unique guitar is going to provide a lifetime of playing enjoyment to whomever is lucky enough to own it.
- Model: D Pre War
- Serial Number: 7786
- Body Wood: Burled African Blackwood - Music Loft Select
- Top Wood: Bear Claw Sitka Spruce - Music Loft Select
- Braces: Adirondack Spruce with Hot Hide Glue
- Body Binding: Figured Koa
- Fretboard Binding: Figured Koa
- Peghead Binding: Figured Koa
- Back Strip: Figured Koa
- Tail Wedge: Figured Koa
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Color: Tinted Top
- Inlay: 42 Style, Blue Paua
- Logo: SCGC, Blue Paua
- Bridge Pins: Ebony, Blue Paua Dots
- Tuners: Waverly - nickel, Ebony buttons
- Pickguard: Dalmation
- Case: Santa Cruz Ameritage Hardshell Case Included