The day before NAMM 2020, Taylor Guitars held an exclusive private showcase of a slew of custom guitars at The Catch restaurant in Anaheim, CA that were only available at that event. Dubbed the "Catch Customs", these guitars were built to offer finishes, options, woods, and specs not normally available from taylor's Build-To-Order program.
This guitar is Catch #01.
Tasmanian Blackwood is a cousin to Hawaiian Koa, with many of the same sonic attributes. Sweet midrange with a low end presence that blooms as the guitar ages to a wonderfully musical, never boomy, bass response.
- Body Style: Grand Auditorium
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top: Tasmanian Blackwood
- Back and Sides: Tasmanian Blackwood
- Tail Strip: West African Ebony
- Fretboard: West African Ebony
- Bridge: West African Ebony
- Neck: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Peghead Veneer: West African Ebony
- Bracing: V-Bracing, Sitka Spruce
- Body Binding: Figured Hawaiian Koa
- Fretboard Binding: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap: Figured Hawaiian Koa
- Rosette: Fishbones, Single Ring, Bound Soundhole, Figured Hawaiian Koa
- Peghead Logo: Hawaiian Koa
- Fretboard Inlays: Element, Hawaiian Koa
- Peghead Inlay: Element, Hawaiian Koa
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Fretboard Radius: 15"
- Neck Profile: Standard Carve
- Finish: Charcoal Black Satin