The day before NAMM 2020, Taylor Guitars held an exclusive private showcase of a slew of custom guitars at The Catch restaurant in Anaheim, CA that were only available at that event. Dubbed the "Catch Customs", these guitars were built to offer finishes, options, woods, and specs not normally available from Taylor's Build-to-Order program.
This guitar is Catch #16.
Boasting a beautfiul stripy Sinker Redwood Top, fiddleback Queen's Walnut back and sides, West African Ebony binding, figured West African Ebony fretboard, a bound soundhole with custom rosette, wood purfling and abalone trim, this guitar is dressed to impress. As a 12-fret, the playability is almost effortless and the bridge placement of the 12-fret on the Sinker Redwood top provides a superbly balanced guitar with a singing quality and a unique complexity in the midrange that gives this guitar just the right amount of cut to fit into a dense mix of instruments or be identifiably unique and sophisticated in a solo situation. The elegant appointments on this guitar remain understated, showing you more detail the closer you look.
Also, this guitar will come with 2 cases! For these exclusive guitars, Taylor has teamed up with Ameritage to produce custom cases for each of the Catch Custom models. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, Taylor is still waiting for many of those cases. It will ship to you with the Taylor Brown Western Floral case. When the Ameritage Custom case arrives to us, it will be shipped directly to you.
- Body Shape: Grand Concert
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck to Body Fret: 12
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Back and Sides: Figured Queen's Walnut
- Tailstrip: Wood, West African Ebony
- Top: Sinker Redwood, Stripy
- Fretboard: West African Ebony
- Bridge: West African Ebony
- Neck: Neo Tropical Mahogany
- Peghead: Slotted
- Peghead Veneer: West African Ebony
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Nut: Tusq Black
- Bridge: Micarta
- Bracing: V-Class, Sitka Spruce
- Binding: West African Ebony
- Purfling: Fiber, Wood (Koa), Shell (Paua)
- Rosette: Split Diamond, Abalone/Koa
- Soundhole: Bound, West African Ebony
- Tuners: Slothead, Nickel, Buttons: West African Ebony
- Electronics: ES2