The day before NAMM 2020, Taylor Guitars held an exclusive private showcase of a slew of custom guitars at The Catch restaurant in Anaheim, CA that were only available at that event. Dubbed the "Catch Customs", these guitars were built to offer finishes, options, woods, and specs not normally available from Taylor's Build-to-Order program.
This guitar is Catch #34.
Before we get into the specs and looks of this instrument, it's important to know that of all the guitars at the Catch event, this was by far the most popular and sought after guitar. In a room full of custom Taylor Guitars and a handful of exclusive dealers, the voice of this particular guitar commanded attention.
Also, this guitar will come with 2 cases! For these exclusive guitars, Taylor has teamed up with Ameritage to produce custom cases for each of the Catch Custom models. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, Taylor is still waiting for many of those cases. It will ship to you with the Taylor Brown Western Floral case. When the Ameritage Custom case arrives to us, it will be shipped directly to you.
Now for the specs...
- Body Style: Grand Pacific
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Cutaway: None
- Top: Bearclaw Lutz Spruce
- Back and Sides: Ziricote
- Tail Strip: Wood, West African Ebony
- Fretboard: West African Ebony
- Bridge: West African Ebony
- Neck: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Backstrap: None
- Peghead Veneer: West African Ebony
- Bracing: V-Class w/ Relief Rout
- Bracing Material: Sitka Spruce
- Pin Plate: 2pc Hard Rock Maple / Sitka Spruce
- Body Binding: Wood, West African Ebony
- Fretboard Binding: Wood, West African Ebony
- Purfling Material: Fiber
- Peghead Inlay: Shell, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Inlay: Wood, Running Horses, Koa / Boxwood
- Side Dots: Silver
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Fretboard Radius: 15"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Neck Carve: Standard
- Tuners: Gotoh Luxury Chrome
- Strap Pin: Chrome
- Nut: Tusq, Black
- Saddle: Micarta
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Bridge Pins: Wood, West African Ebony
- Electronics: ES2