The Jet Phaser contains six modes, with two labeled "PHASE" and four labeled "JET". The two PHASE modes produce traditional phasing effects, with the first having moderate modulation depth for more subtle sounds, and the second having increased depth for more exaggerated results.
However, the similarities to normal phase pedals end there. The four JET modes engage the "jet" (or fuzz) effect, and that's when things get seriously fun!
There are four fuzz/phase combinations:
- Bright fuzz/shallow phase
- Bright fuzz/deep phase
- Dark fuzz/shallow phase
- Dark fuzz/deep phase
When the JET modes are active, the pedal's output level is controlled by the JET LEVEL knob. This enables you to set up the JET modes as a boost, if desired—which could be perfect for solos!
The Jet Phaser also features a RESONANCE control that's available in all six modes, allowing you to dial in varying amounts of filtered sci-fi craziness. Additionally, you get creative control of the modulation rate: the SLOW RATE knob allows you to set the main modulation speed, but hitting the FAST/SLOW foot switch always kicks the rate up to the maximum speed possible. It’s a cool design, because the change from fast to slow ramps up and down gradually like an organ’s rotary speaker. Unlike most phasers, the Jet Phaser can actually get “in-between” speeds by continuously hitting the FAST/SLOW foot switch like organ players do!
The Jet Phaser’s true bypass operation makes it easy to incorporate into any rig, and the fact that it runs at 18V gives it high headroom and pristine audio quality (it can be powered with the included 18VDC adapter or two 9V batteries). We already know it'll sound great on guitar, bass, and keys, but don't let that stop you from slapping it on a vocal track or a drum bus - use your imagination!
- FAITHFUL RECREATION OF THE ORIGINAL “JET” PHASE CIRCUIT
- USES PREMIUM COMPONENTS THROUGHOUT, INCLUDING CARBON FILM RESISTORS AND FILM CAPACITORS
- SIX MODES: JET (1–4), PHASE (1–2)
- EFFECT/NORMAL AND FAST/SLOW FOOT SWITCHES
- JET LEVEL, MODE, RESONANCE, AND SLOW RATE KNOBS
- GRADUAL RATE CHANGE WHEN FAST/SLOW SWITCH IS PRESSED, SIMULATING A ROTARY CAB
- 1/4" INPUT (INST) AND OUTPUT (AMP) JACKS
- DC ADAPTER/BATTERY SWITCH
- RUGGED STEEL CHASSIS WITH ATTRACTIVE WOODEN SIDE PANELS
- POWERED BY TWO 9V BATTERIES OR 18V DC ADAPTER (INCLUDED)